Between you and I, great alterations are life-saving–especially come wedding time. But we’re not here to promote ourselves; instead, we want to show you OTHER wedding tips and hacks you might find handy on your big day.
(Though we hope your wedding day is a beautifully blessed and hurdle-free day.)
For starters, we sell adorable Wedding Emergency Kits. Simply call us for more details and stop by our Park City location to get your own.
• If your wedding is happening on a windy locale (like a park or beach), make sure you get veil weights to make your adorable veil look right all the time. Lucky for you (if you’re in/around Park City), we have those two.
• Park City is a wonderful wedding location, which is why most of our brides end up bringing their guests from out-of-town… but often find that booking their rooms can get complex. So we found services like Jetaport at great at helping them do just that.
• Have different cakes: One for display and a sheet cake or mini cupcakes (hidden in the kitchen) for actual consumption.
• Along those lines, have a separate email address just for wedding-related stuff. Later on, you could even make it the catch-all for your and your significant others’ stuff..
• “Ask the post office to “hand cancel” your invitations. This means that instead of running your invites through a machine, they’ll use a special ink stamp to mark your invitation and then sort it by hand. That reduces the risk of damaging those pretty envelopes you painstakingly picked out.”
• Genius: Number or add a special designation to the back of your RSVPs so that even if they return without a name, you’ll still know who they belong to (provided you listed out guest names and their numbers elsewhere, of course).
• We can help you with this one! Sew a bra–or bra-like piece–onto your dress. That way, it won’t bug you during your big day.
• Pour table salt onto a wine stain to soak up most of the moisture. Then simply have the stain professionally treated later. We can point you to several good resources in the area.
• Wear heel protectors if you’re wearing stilettos. Also, consider some type of foot aid if you’re wearing other potentially uncomfortable shoes for many hours. (Believe it or not, even fancy flip flops can become unbearable so plan accordingly.)
• Wanna have your cake and eat it too…on your first anniversary? “Freeze the top tier of your cake uncovered for about 20 minutes before wrapping it in foil. If you’re planning on eating your cake on your first anniversary, make sure you can actually enjoy it! This trick will prevent any icing from sticking to the foil when you wrap it and stick it in the freezer.”
_ _ _
We may not be able to help with cakes, but we’d sure love to get the chance to assist you for your clothing, tailoring, and alterations needs for your wedding day or any other occasion, so feel free to contact us at your convenience and we look forward to working with you!
(Post inspired by Loverly.)